Friday, March 1, 2013

Craftsman Ginkgo Switchplate Covers


My block on Indiana Avenue in Saint Louis, Missouri, was lined with Ginkgo Trees. Their leaves turned a brilliant yellow every Autumn, and littered the lawn with their cheerful color. While researching craftsman style to renovate another home in St. Louis, I developed the idea to have switch plate covers throughout the house with a Ginkgo leaf pattern. Last month while glazing pottery with some friends, I found these two clay blanks and started to realize my vision. 
Since my house has the flat toggle switches and outlets that every architect seems to love, these switch covers will not have a home. But the pottery studio is looking to get me a stack of clay blanks to fit my light switches. I can't wait to create more, in different colors for my house.
Let me know what you think.  And please share my Blog with your friends. Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment